OpenAI has recently unveiled its latest model, the GPT-4, which brings in several improvements over its predecessor, the GPT-3. Unlike GPT-3, which only accepts text input, GPT-4 is now multimodal and can accept both text and image inputs from users. However, to get access to this new model, one needs to have a ChatGPT Plus subscription, which costs $20 per month. In this article, we’ll explore how to get access to GPT-4 and try it out today.
What Is GPT-4 AI Model?
GPT-4 is a new large language model from OpenAI that is designed to be multimodal, allowing it to accept both text and image inputs from users. Compared to its predecessor, GPT-3, the new model brings in significant upgrades and improvements.
How to Access GPT-4 AI Model (Official Method)
To access GPT-4, you need to have a ChatGPT Plus subscription. Here’s how to get access to it:
1. Go to the ChatGPT website and log into your existing account or create a new one.
2. Click on the “Upgrade to Plus” option in the bottom left corner of the screen.
3. Click the green “Upgrade plan” button under ChatGPT Plus in the pop-up that appears.
4. Enter your payment details and billing address in the right pane, then click “Subscribe.”
5. Once your payment is complete, you’ll be a ChatGPT Plus subscriber and can use the GPT-4 model by selecting it from the drop-down menu on your screen.
6. Input your queries in the text box on the right pane and interact with the GPT-4-powered ChatGPT chatbot.
How to Use GPT-4 AI Model for Free
Currently, OpenAI does not offer free access to GPT-4 via ChatGPT. However, Microsoft Bing’s new AI chat feature runs on GPT-4 and is a free alternative to try out. To access it, go to the Bing AI chat feature in the Edge browser or follow our guide to access it in any web browser.
Advantages of Bing AI over ChatGPT
Bing AI has a vast knowledge base and can answer queries related to real-time events, unlike GPT-4, which is limited to the September 2021 dataset. However, Bing AI is currently limited to 15 responses in a single conversation.
See how you can use the new Bing AI
Try Out the GPT-4 ChatGPT Today
To experience the new GPT-4 model, one needs to have a ChatGPT Plus subscription. Alternatively, Microsoft Bing’s new AI chat feature is a free alternative that runs on GPT-4. Whether you choose to subscribe to ChatGPT Plus or try out Bing AI, the possibilities unlocked by the text-cum-vision AI model that is GPT-4 are exciting.